About the Role
nGeneration is currently seeking enthusiastic Field Service Technicians to join our team in the Midlands and the South West
As a Field Service Technician, you will be allocated calls from our Midlands-based Service Desk and attend customer sites to identify and resolve IT issues, ensuring that allocated calls are handled and resolved promptly. Our Field Service Engineers benefit from a Company Van, Fuel Card, full uniform, plus additional Company benefits.
nGeneration is one of the UK’s leading independent IT service providers to the Hospitality, Retail and Leisure industries, offering a comprehensive range of IT services.
- You will attend customer sites as required to determine and resolve software/hardware related faults as detailed in the ‘Job Log’ for which a ‘Field Service Report’ must be completed for each call attended in line with Company procedures.
- A minimum call rate of 3 calls per day must be achieved. (Non-compliance to the minimum call rate will only be accepted if authorised by the Head of Service Delivery or in the instance of insufficient calls being placed)
- When no calls have been allocated, you will be required to conduct any other ad hoc duties as may be determined.
- Always maintain a minimum skeleton stock level. Conduct ‘Boot Stock’ procedures at the start and end of every shift.
- Communicate effectively to Shift Team Leaders and the Head of Service Delivery as appropriate.
- Submit all Company paperwork promptly and accurately, in line with the Company procedures.
- Geographical coverage will be UK wide, and any other location as may be deemed necessary to fulfil the duties of the job.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Previous experience of working within an engineering environment
- Previous experience of working with EPOS systems would be advantageous
- Good Technical skills in PC configuration, networking and command prompt.
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must demonstrate a confident and present a bright and bubbly personality.
- Ability to work under pressure as unforeseen changes or problems on site may impact time constraints.
- Must have excellent planning and organisation skills which are essential. Must be able to prioritise tasks to ensure that the task gets completed to the required standard and one time.
- Positive thinker with a can-do attitude able to work on their own or as part of a team.
- Time Management is an essential part of the role so must be able to demonstrate strong time management skills.
Join one of the UK’s leading independent IT suppliers to the Hospitality, Retail and Leisure industries.